These oat and banana cupcakes are nice and dense, plus super tasty.
Wheat free, Egg free, Dairy free and Nut free (don’t use almond meal)
Little man is allergic to eggs, we also try and steer clear of wheat and dairy as these foods are just some of the foods he would react to with his eczema and asthma.
So when we make cakes or cupcakes they are healthy.
Oat and banana cupcake recipe
- 2 bananas 🍌
- Organic oats
- Organic Milk of choice (we use almond, almond and coconut or coconut )
- Add bananas to a food processor, mix on high until smooth.
- Add a dash of milk
- Add 1 cup oats and mix again.
- You are looking for a thick cake mix consistency so add more oats or more milk if needed.
- Place in oven at 180 degrees until browned and cooked through.
Vegan icing recipe
- Tin Coconut cream
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla complete protein (optional)
- If not using protein use a few drops of vanilla essence
- Almond meal and coconut sugar to sprinkle on top.
- Cool coconut cream in fridge.
- Using an electric whisk. Whisk coconut cream until light and fluffy.
- Add a little maple syrup. (Not a lot as will make icing runny. You can use coconut sugar if you prefer.
- Add vanilla protein and whisk again.
Cool cakes completely before icing.
I hope you and your little ones love these yummy cup cakes. If you do please share away and comment below. We love hearing your thoughts.