MY KIDS LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! 🥜 who doesn’t, it’s smooth, creamy, salty nutty goodness!!!
So I thought why not show the kids how it’s actually made, like the fact it really is made from peanuts. (The first time we popped real pop corn kernels they were so utterly surprised that pop corn actually came from corn not a packet and a microwave.) 🤦♀️ OMG!!!!
RIGHT ✔️ IT IS, AND ITS SUPER SIMPLE.
Plus the bag of nuts was half the price. BONUS!!
BUT – Don’t do what I did and go and buy peanuts with the skin still on, it took me forever to peel and pick out the nuts from the skin. ROOKY MISTAKE!!! Lesson learned.
So normal peanut butter has a load of salt and vegetable oils (not good for us) and possibly palm oil which we like to avoid in our house. We want to keep our forests and wild life alive and thriving.
NATURALLY THRIVINGS HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE…
- Bag of peanuts
- Salt (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Lay nuts on baking tray and place in 180 degree oven for about 10 mins or until nice and roasted, make sure they don’t burn.
- Take out of oven and let cool a little (take off skin if you were silly like me and brought peanuts with skin)
- Place nuts in food processor and whizz up
- Now I add honey 🍯 and salt.
- I add 1 tsp of honey but feel free to add as much as you like to taste.
- Add salt to taste you can lease salt out and add when your eating also up to you.
- Keep whizzing until smooth and creamy.
- ENJOY 😊
On toast, bread 🍞, celery, veg sticks, in biscuits 🍪, however you like.
Let me know what you think 💭 and how you went making yours. Even if you change it up with other nuts.